My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Sat Nov 7 12:45 pm  #61

Re: QUOTES & PUNS (keep adding to the list)

Headline/quote from Jason Whitlock:

I think you can click on this and the article should appear, but I could be wrong.  If it doesn't appear, I found this at the Lew Rockwell site on Sat Nov. 7, 2020.

But just the title is spot-on.  Ain't it the dyin' truth?  https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/confused.png

"Trump Supporters Love Trump, Biden Supporters Don’t Love Biden (Just Hate Trump)"

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Wed Nov 11 5:53 pm  #62

"No more than 10 dead people are going to be allowed at your OUTDOOR holiday activities".  - Mark Steyn

"No more than 10 dead people are going to be allowed to vote at one time because of COVID". = more Mark Steyn

Aren't these great?!  I heard him say these tonight when he appeared on Tucker Carlson's show.

Now, I'm here to tell you that I live in one of the Northern Tier States where it was colder than hell on a holiday, today.  The "warmest" it ever got was about 42 degrees and the wind is cranking at about (between) 15 to 30 mph, which brings the wind chill into play and brings that temperature down significantly from the actual "thermometer" numbers of the forecasters.  SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, how do we, in this part of the country, go about "gathering for the upcoming holidays", OUTDOORS?????  Boy, would I love to see Chris Cuomo, Andrew Cuomo, Gavin Newsom, Nanny Piglosi, Chuckie-boy Schoooooomer and a few others try this little feat.  Actually, Andrew Cuomo could try it a bit later on this year because NYC generally can get quite cold before the holidays. 

We'll see how stalwart these people are if THEY come to my state to celebrate.  I'll bet I ski with less clothing on than 80 year old Nanny Piglosi would have to wear to stay warm outdoors for even 5 minutes.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Sun Nov 15 9:35 am  #63

I have Erma's books and found this quote from her at Old Farmer's Almanac today.  Sure wish she was stiill kickin' around and making folks laugh.  I miss her humor in today's horrid world of street fighting and firebombing businesses.  Good God what's happened to us???

“Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. [Football] halftimes take 12 minutes. This is not a coincidence.” Erma Bombeck (1927–96), American humorist

I can certainly identify with this!  My daughter is the sports fan in this family around the holidays so she's always the first to eat, the first to finish and the first to set up residence on the couch!  My DH and our 2 sons are usually on the floor stretched out with pillows under their heads in front of the squawkbox by the time the games start, too. My DIL and the older grands are the ones who help with the dishes!!  We don't care one hoot about tv sports, so when we get the kitchen cleaned up we generally play Mexican Dominoes or Farkle or some other card or dice game around the kitchen table.  I wish every day was a holiday!

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Wed Nov 25 8:01 am  #64

Saw this online somewhere this morning but I can't remember where.  I copied it down so I could post it here after I was done reading some other stuff.  I think maybe I found it at Farmer's Almanac or the Old Farmer's Almanac or one of those types of newsletters.

It's a good one!

"The world is composed of takers and givers.
The takers eat better, but the givers sleep better."

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera