My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 2, 2023 2:56 am  #1

Strawberry snickerdoodles

I would skip the rose petals and just add the strawberries.  Rose petals are quite expensive and the only place I've been able to find good, edible ones are through Mt. Rose Herbs a few years ago.  SPENDY!!!

But these sound tasty even with just the strawberries added.  I got my dried strawberries through My Patriot Supply.  They have all sorts of good stuff.  Might be able to get them through Nuts.com, too, I don't know for sure.

https://www.hummingbirdhigh.com/2021/02/strawberry-rose-snickerdoodles.html

These plain snickerdoodles were my late BIL's favorites.  My late sister only made them occasionally, however.  She was lazy beyond words.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

March 10, 2023 11:35 pm  #2

Re: Strawberry snickerdoodles

I sent this to a friend of mine and she wrote back and said her family hates snickerdoodles.  HOW can anyone hate a sugar cookie spinkled with cinnamon and sugar???  It's baffling to me.  I thought everyone liked sugar cookies (the old fashioned kind, not the ones made with powdered sugar - to me that's a "cheat" recipe for when someone is short on time).

Oh well, to each his own, I guess.  This recipe with strawberries sounds just yummy.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera