My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2022 5:48 am  #121

Re: QUOTES & PUNS (keep adding to the list)

I think people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it.  – Dwight D. Eisenhower

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

September 12, 2022 3:05 am  #122

Don't know who said this, don't care.  It's the truth.  To me, that's all that matters.

"If we want to move ahead in our lives we would be wise to learn from the past rather than dwell on it."

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

November 30, 2022 1:04 am  #123

In her new book, Harris Faulkner points out that her Mom or her gramma (I don't remember which one) told her as a young girl that listen and silent have the same letters.  If you aren't silent, you can't be listening.  That's why I don't understand why she does what she does for a living because she's always interrupting people and talking over them, but then again so are ALL of the newscasters, & FOX is the worst.  I think they all do it but Harris, Bill Hemmer and Sandra Smith are the worst. They're always interrupting their guests - - we have no idea what they're saying and the people at home have no idea what's being said because there's a lot of voices involved and interrupting going on!  It's disgusting.  Tucker tries not to interrupt but with this crappy new delay in transmissions (SPYING, thank you dumbass biden) it sometimes ends up that way.  But the rest of them are always just ALL TALKING AT ONCE.

Like I said, it's just disgusting.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

November 30, 2022 8:18 pm  #124

A tv show is just whatever they can squeeze in between commercials!

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 26, 2022 12:02 am  #125

biden is the only person I know of, who is his age and can still manage to get both feet in his mouth at the same time.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 26, 2022 12:08 am  #126

Some more great quotes here from Calvin Coolidge.  The one about Christmas is extremely apropos right now.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/101882.Calvin_Coolidge

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

January 6, 2023 6:15 am  #127

Humiliation is good for people.  I think McCarthy is learning this right now and it will only benefit him if he eventually wins the votes he needs for Speaker of the House.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

January 31, 2023 10:02 pm  #128

What's wrong with hell?

There's not enough water, and you don't get to choose your own company!

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

February 8, 2023 12:27 am  #129

We live in a world where kids can no longer play outdoors (safely) nor can they play "cowboys and Indians", but a GROWN man can pretend to be a woman.  Doncha think his pecker gives him away??! 

Good God, we have gone down the rabbit hole waaaaaay too far.  Our country will never heal from 4 years of a biden "administration" on many different fronts.  The man is disgusting.  I hope he falls on his ice cream cone.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

February 10, 2023 12:40 am  #130

QUOTING SENATOR TOM COTTON: Tom Cotton@TomCottonAR 

"Big Tech didn't censor the Hunter Biden story because it was false.

They censored it because it was true."

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

February 11, 2023 2:13 am  #131

This is one of my own!!  But if I say so myself, it's a pretty good one, doncha think?

If Lucifer took the crooks and left the "good guys", WADC would be a ghost town.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

March 12, 2023 11:26 pm  #132

Today, most men feel dressed up in jeans and a t-shirt or those stupid cargo jeans or shorts even in the dead of winter.  It's kinda disgusting but these are supposed to be GROWN men!  My youngest son fits right in - - his idea of dressed up is an undershirt with sleeves and cargo shorts with his ass crack sticking up over the top of the shorts.  I'm thoroughly disgusted with him at all times.  He even wore that very ensemble to his Dad's funeral.  I was mortified.  People must think I brought him up that way.  I didn't, believe me.  His dad wouldn't have approved of that attire either.  Kids today just do whatever they want and think it's all just ok.  It's NOT ok.  He is in his mid 30's, works for the Federal Gubmint and dresses like a bum.  Shameful, and it shames ME.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

March 15, 2023 2:16 am  #133

It's gonna take more than some baseless talks to keep the peace now. 

biden has had his feet (both of them at once) firmly planted in his mouth over each and every issue so far and shows no intention of changing.  You have to GIVE BIG in order to GET BIG (apparently unless you're dealing with china and have a criminal for a son  . . . ) 

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 4, 2023 8:09 pm  #134

Heh.  I saw Putin described yesterday (or referred to) as Putxi !!  Good one! 

You know, Putt-zee?  Well, I thought it was funny........

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 9, 2023 12:13 am  #135

Women and purchasing power and the N.R.A. (not the gun people), the National Recovery Act.  This was during Eleanor Roosevelt's time.  Fits well with todays screwed up world, too.

QUOTE FROM BOOK CALLED "It's Up To The Women" written by Eleanor Roosevelt.

"Over and over again it is said that women are the buyers of the country. The National Recovery Act is an act to enlist the services of the manufacturers and the distribution of all types of  merchandise, as well as  the public represented by the ordinary citizen.  All these ordinary citizens are the buyers and consumers of the country.  It is up to the women to organize their households and themselves (MINE: I know for some strange reason women are now offended by statements like that, but why? It's the truth) to see that they live within their incomes, that they buy as fairly as possible from the  fair merchants and buy only such goods as are manufactuered by fair manufacturers."

IOW, NOT buy the chinese and other foreign manufacturing companies cheap, defective crap.  How would buying chinese crap help America? It wouldn't and doesn't.  We will learn much too late, that it is a mistake, but we won't learn in time, is the big problem. 

" . . . but people must learn to take a little more trouble than they have taken in the past, and with comparatively little trouble this information is obtainable whether you buy at chain stores or in the little corner grocery or in the large department stores.  You can find out whether the employer is fair and whether the goods he deals in have been produced under proper conditions, and whether the spirit of the N.R.A. is being lived up to by that company."

If women were running the political show right now, we wouldn't be in this mess.  I'm talking about women of value and women of morals and women of honesty and women who are TRULY interested in the value of the USA and her citizens.  Certainly not jill or COMMALA!!!  Those 2 can't find straight up on a sunny day.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 16, 2023 3:05 am  #136

They don't allow dogs and cats in schools - - - just guns and drugs!

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

May 15, 2023 1:40 am  #137

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

May 28, 2023 11:13 pm  #138

2 things a man should never mess with - - an Apache squaw and the US MINT.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

June 1, 2023 12:01 am  #139

"I am hoping Trump wins the nomination and after the general election removes all the RNC and all the RINO'S (like Graham) or starts a third party. The Republicans left me long ago and I am finally returning the favor."

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

June 16, 2023 9:07 pm  #140

The Civil War was actually  nothing more than 1 big battle to cover up several smaller battles of non-consequence.  But they needed an excuse to fight.  WHY does the USA seem to thrive on wars and constant fighting??

This is what's happening in today's world.  One big battle to cover up all of biden's little battles which always turn out to be BIG battles (for him !!).

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

July 6, 2023 10:37 pm  #141

Man is the only animal you can skin more than once.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

July 15, 2023 9:04 pm  #142

I don't know who said this but it's absolute truth, without a doubt !!  Only joe biden's "administration" would be stupid enough to believe this fairy tale, but now he's circumvented the Supreme Court ruling and done this anyway.  I don't think it's legal for him to do that, so these people are eventually going to be responsible for the repayment of those loans, like it or not.  I paid for my two college loans back in the 70's and yes it took a few years and most of the money I earned to pay them back, but I did it and I can say with satisfaction and achievement that i did it myself. 

"If your college degree doesn't produce enough value for you to pay it off, it certainly doesn't have enough value for your neighbors to pay it off."

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

August 14, 2023 2:24 am  #143

"The hot air in Washington has nothing to do with 'global warming' "  !! 

No kidding and is there ever hot air around that place - - no wonder PDJT hated staying there.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

October 4, 2023 9:19 pm  #144

Who needs fiction when the truth is so fascinating !

Trouble is, today we are mostly getting lies.  Some of them are fascinating in their elaboration but mostly they are distinguishable from the truth, easily.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

November 13, 2023 12:39 am  #145

John Lennon was surprisingly prescient.

Good stuff here:

“The people have the power, all we have to do is awaken that power in the people. The people are unaware. They’re not educated to realize that they have power. The system is so geared that everyone believes the government will fix everything. We are the government.”   John Lennon

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 11, 2023 1:05 am  #146

Some men will sell anything for a profit. 

Just ask Hunter Biden.  I hope they throw his ass in jail and throw away the key.  He's guilty.  His dad's guilty.  We ALL know that, it's pretty hard to hide activities like what they've been up to for the past 8 years,

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

January 22, 2024 2:19 am  #147

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/01/21/sunday-smiles-59-n606299

I love the one from the 3,000 year old Indian !!!!!  Yep, I agree . . .

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera