My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2022 11:59 pm  #1

Wind power? Oh yeah, this'll work . . .

Even all the hot air in WADC can't power the whole country, and that's a statement almost too hard to believe!!

https://www.westernjournal.com/high-winds-cause-wind-turbine-meant-spin-wind-spin-control-fall/

These things are NOT the answer to the future any more than electric cars are the answer to anything, because then we'd need electric buses and electric airplanes and helicopters - - none of which would work and/or be even remotely reliable.  I'd not risk my life in any of those contraptions.

Moneymakers they might become, but not reliable in any way.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 28, 2022 12:53 am  #2

Re: Wind power? Oh yeah, this'll work . . .

And this is what I've been trying to tell you will happen (especially in my part of the country) with those stupid electric cars.  You'd have to be a freakish moron not to know that at some point, this WILL happen.  ALL a part of the 'own nothing, be happy' plan hatched by the  biden 'Sadministration'!!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/12/video_stranded_in_a_bonechilling_blizzard_thanks_to_an_electric_vehicle.html

But I must say, this same thing can happen with gas powered cars, as well.  It happened to my husband in the mid 1980's.  He had gone to Bismarck (about 100 north of where we lived at that time) for a meeting.  It was in the 60's when he left (this was in early November) so he didn't have a jacket, nor did he pack his usual emergency kit, although at the time I didn't know that. 

He was rescued by a farmer passing by on a tractor.  The farmer and his son hitched up my husband's vehicle to their tractor with chains, and pulled him to their farmhouse where the old man's wife made him drink coffee and sip broth for the better part of the day.  He then was blanketed up and slept overnight by the fire and the farmer got my husband's vehicle going in the morning, filled it to the brim with gas, and sent him on his way.  I don't think my husband stopped shaking, from cold AND fear, for 3 days.  I had only been dating him for about 3 months when this happened, and it wasn't long after that when we decided to get married.  I don't think the storm had anything to do with it but I'll never know for sure.  When scary, life-threatening things happen, it changes the way you look at life, ask any Christian who's been bullied for going to church.  I can PERSONALLY tell you about that one. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera