My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2022 9:06 pm  #1

Good tips to save gas, prices being what they are

With no change in site, no matter what biden says.  And I'm not one bit interested in his goddamned electric cars, he can stuff that idea up his nose and cough on that.
Some of these are really good and not something a lot of people would think of right off the bat.  Today I've gotta get air put in 3 of my tires.  My car reminder tells me so!

After my perm, I'll head to the gas station where I always go.  The guy will put it in for me, no charge!

https://www.kiplinger.com/personal-finance/how-to-save-money/604390/gas-saving-tips-that-actually-work

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

November 24, 2022 2:05 am  #2

Re: Good tips to save gas, prices being what they are

Electricity prices are going up all over the USA this winter and you can bet when summer comes those prices are certainnly not going to go down.  In the case of gubmint spending, what goes up never comes down.  Sooooooo, my question is this:  If electricity is expensive, why in the world are people even thinking about electric cars?  It makes no sense, but the mere fact that people are buying them and expressing a moderate interest in them is spurring this stupid administration and places like CA to mass produce them even though there are nowhere near enough charging stations. 

The whole damned idea is pure lunacy.  When  I first heard about electric cars I laughed out loud at the stupidity and I'm still laughing because it's just so crazy and mind-boggling.  People are going to find out it's much cheaper to put in gas, no matter how much biden spikes the prices, than it is going to be to charge an electric car.  FOR HOURS. 

Besides we need that electricity for our homes this winter, not our stupidass cars.  Just because some moron thought these were a good idea (???) now people are actually thinking they are.  It's pure horseshit.  How do these cars perform on icy roads has anyone looked into that?  They will not be the same as a gas powered car where "control" is concerned.  Where I live the idea of an electric car vs an electric home is, well, there's no comparison.  There's also only one choice.

For example, it's 51 degrees here where I live right now but the weatherman says snow up to 2 inches overnight tonight.  2 inches is no big deal ordinarily but I have no idea what that would look like in an electric car.  Are they too lightweight?  Can you put studded tires on them?  Do they use regular sized tires or are THOSE A SPECIAL PURCHASE TOO?  See, the costs never end.  This was biden's brainchild after he cut off the Keystone XL pipeline because he HAD to make good on his promise not to go back to fuel, gas and oil, or diesel products.  As stupid as that sounds you can bet it was dumbass biden's idea.  No one else could be that ignorant except his co-workers who originally came up with this bright idea full of stupidity and ignorance.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera