My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2022 11:14 pm  #1

Weather: SNOW!!

I'm posting this particular article because I LOVE the photo of the train.  We don't get to see enough real trains anymore, not like when I was a kid.  But I love seeing photos of them, all kinds, all colors.  I ordered a calendar specifically with train photos for my grandson because he is also nuts about them!  He's only 6 years old but he takes after me in this regard!

Where I live now, I hear them rolling through town all hours of the day and night, thank Goodness because I love it.  I often hear (at night) the whistles blowing almost non-stop as they roll through town because so many of the crossings involve high-traffic areas.  If the wind is from the right direction we can hear them almost all the way to Black Hawk about 16 miles away.

https://www.westernjournal.com/zg-snow-squalls-to-create-dangerous-travel-conditions-in-parts-of-northeast-on-friday/

But snow on the tracks is definitely dangerous and they try always to send the clearing crew ahead to make sure nothing is packed too tight for the train to break through.  If you live where there are trains, count your blessings beause they won't be around long, not if biden has his way.  I can't imagine the amount of "electricity" it would take to power a train for only a short distance.  The dems are completely out of touch when it comes to transporatation issues but that doesn't surprise me when biden puts a dimwit like butthead in charge of "transportation".  Exactly WHAT do either of those morons know about transportation???  Not one damned thing.  Scary, huh?

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera