My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2022 1:26 am  #1

How to make a TurDuckEn!

I don't care for duck (it has a 'wild' flavor which I never cared for, although they're fun to hunt!), but we did make one this way one year in the early 2000's.  My husband and a friend took our young son hunting for the first time, up at my family ranch in the northern/central part of the state (yes they all had licenses) and they all bagged ducks so this is what I decided to do with it, having read about it somewhere!  The concept is fine but I'd leave out the duck if I wanted to do this same idea again sometime.

Also my family does NOT like oysters and weird stuff in their dressing.  They all weren't sure they were going to like the idea that I used the water only after boiling the turkey giblets in it.  I don't chop and use the giblets in the dressing but many people do.  I never liked it that way as a child and so I only boil them and use the water as the moisture in my dressing recipe.

Here's the article on making a turducken.  Check it out you might start a new tradition in your family, who knows!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13874/turducken/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera