My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2022 9:23 pm  #1

Use grapevines in your BBQ grill for great taste!

This is interesting.  The neighbor across the street from me has grapevines growing along the fence in his driveway, and every fall he has to trim them down and haul the vines to the dumpsters at the City pick up place because you cannot put them in the regular garbage.  WOW, I'll bet he wishes he'd known about this trick years ago, before he started "wasting" all of those precious vines.  He never gets to enjoy the grapes, however, because the birds always get them before humans think they're ready to harvest.  Then we have purple bird poop on everything for weeks afterward.

My son and I both have those 'open fire' BBQ's, although we mostly use ours for warmth at night when we want to sit outdoors and enjoy the stars.  We've been just buying wood from the grocery store, and I take a small ax and use it to chop off long, small pieces as the kindling.  It's been working for me.

Anyway, read this and if you don't have vines in your neighborhood, try driving around a bit and you might be able to locate some.  They seem to be prolific almost everywhere.  Lots of people just don't know what they are, they think they're just overgrowth.  No sirree, these things are actually kinda sorta valuable if you like to grill your food.  I'm not a big fan of grilled food, but this and a good steak - spectacular sounding!

https://www.thespruceeats.com/french-grilling-secret-vines-6503961?hid=e35ea39b4a877db488e42286c6e98dfa0004ca5f&did=832457-20220831&cid=832457&mid=95915499419

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera