My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2022 2:08 am  #1

Weather: Winter weather for 2022-23 from Farmers Almanac

They've rarely been wrong.  This is why I'm almost desperate to find a generator I can use (with gas, and put it out on my deck) rather than paying upwards of $18,000 for a Generac.  That's just nutz.  I could afford to replace all the stuff that gets ruined (I have 2 deep freezers chock full of meat for one thing) for that amount of money - - and then replace a couple of other things besides.  Prices on these Generac thing look fine online, but when you include nearly $10,000 labor to have them installed, it gets a bit nutz.

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/extended-forecast?mc_cid=07d1fc5f2f&mc_eid=7a59547396

Even electric blankets are now upwards of $200.  It's crazy!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

August 26, 2022 2:11 am  #2

Re: Weather: Winter weather for 2022-23 from Farmers Almanac

If I can find a gas generator that will be sufficient for my needs, I'm also going to purchase about 5 five gallon gas cans with that attachment (like a small hose thingy) that goes onto the spout so it pours easily without spilling.  Just thought I'd add this in case someone else decides they might purchase a generator like the ones at Menard's and Lowe's.  You will also need 30 wt oil, as well.  20 wt will work but in the cold, frigid air, 30 wt is better suited.  (Just a hint for those who weren't raised where it gets this cold)!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera