My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2022 2:43 am  #1

Farming: Chemicals & farming don't mix

Chemicals really aren't necessary and they're not good for people, either.  I've read almost all of his books and I agree 100% with his theories.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/farming-expert-joel-salatin-rfk-jr-podcast/?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=ed3cc851-ab95-47a9-b816-829790e1f36c

I don't have anyplace nearby where I can buy meat at a decent price like that.  ALL of the local vendors and distribution vendors are going to hike their prices as high as they think they can, and once those prices go up, who in their right mind would lower them back to a normal rate?  No one.  So if you're satisfied to pay $14/pound for hamburger, you go for it.  I refuse to do that unless I FIND someone local to buy from.  I know where to get local chickens and turkeys, etc., it's beef and pork that's the problem.  But I'll keep looking.  Local eggs are always a better deal, too.  A dozen organic eggs in the grocery store last week was over $7!  That's crazy.  Chickens will eat anything, they don't need a special, expensive diet or anything so why would people pay $7 per dozen - just because they're labeled organic?  You have no idea if they're really organic or not.  My city still has an ordinance against having back yard chickens, dang it.  I'd have my own if I could and I'd also buy a rooster JUST to irritate my neighbors!!  They deserve to be irritated after all the trouble they've caused me in the past 2 years.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera