My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2022 10:18 pm  #1

Tri-color rotini pasta salad - DELICIOUS!

This is wonderfully easy to make and even kiddo's like it.  The pickiest of eaters will generally eat this.  And even if they pick out a black olive or two, so what?  Great recipe for a picnic on a hot. July day.  Just keep it in a cooler full of ice (along with the booze!) and set it out when ready to eat.  Stir it well, leave a BIG spoon in the bowl and it will be gone before you know it.

(One of my nieces used to call black olives "black pickles" when she was a kid - how funny & just like a kid!)

https://www.greatgrubdelicioustreats.com/tri-color-rotini-pasta-salad/#recipe

And, honestly, go easy on the Italian dressing as it can be quite "sharp flavored".  I used to buy packets of the seasoning mix for italian dressing and add vinegar and oil (I used a mixtures of butter and coconut oil - no cannola oll for this household ==== ewwww!)  but now that I'm older and lazier I just buy the stuff in the bottle!  Unless it contans soy oil, then I avoid it at all costs.  AND - - you should, too.  No human being alive needs either soy or cannola oil.  It's not good for the human body. 

Look for the packets of seasoning and if your store doesn't have it, there are loads of recipes online for homemade Italian dressings you can make.  You may, as I say, have to switch up the ingredients just a tad to make it healthier, however.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

July 24, 2022 10:21 pm  #2

Re: Tri-color rotini pasta salad - DELICIOUS!

You can also add green olives, sliced, to this recipe if you want.  It adds some great flavor.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera