My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2022 10:00 pm  #1

"Hoovervilles"

"Shantytowns" made a comeback during the obozo administration because that is what the dimwit dems wanted then; and they still want it now.  We better be AWFULLY CAREFUL what happens from here on out. 

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE AT LINK BELOW:

"Did you know? As America's housing and economic crisis worsened through 2009, homelessness was on the rise. Encampments and shantytowns often referred to as tent cities--with similarities to Hoovervilles--began appearing in parts of California, Arizona, Tennessee, Florida, Washington and other states."

https://www.history.com/topics/great-depression/hoovervilles?li_source=LI&li_medium=m2m-rcw-history

AND:

Where do you think the dimwit dems got their ideas for squeezing today's economy?  They are not smart enough to think of ANYTHING like this on their own, they had to borrow it from the past.  But remember this; what goes around comes around, even for the criminals.  I think the dimwit dems have forgotten that part of the equation.

https://www.history.com/news/life-for-the-average-family-during-the-great-depression?li_source=LI&li_medium=m2m-rcw-history

Quote from article at link above:

"The average American family lived by the Depression-era motto: “Use it up, wear it out, make do or do without.” Many tried to keep up appearances and carry on with life as close to normal as possible while they adapted to new economic circumstances.

Households embraced a new level of frugality in daily life. They kept kitchen gardens, patched worn-out clothes and passed on trips to the movies as they privately struggled to retain ownership of a home or automobile."

Riveting reading, absolutely riveting.  If you haven't studied this topic before, you really should look into it.  I'm a history nut so I've been really into studying this time in history for years now.  I think what originally got my interest is the fact that the original bank collapse took place on my Mom's birthday day (not the same year, however). 

You also need to remember that even though they overlap, the Great Depression was NOT the same event as the Dust Bowl Years.  Two completely separate events but at almost the same timeframe in history.  Those people had amazing stamina - - something people of today's spoiled generations (the past 3 for sure) lack entirely.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

June 9, 2022 10:05 pm  #2

Re: "Hoovervilles"

America is once again reaching a breaking point.  You know what we need to add to this to show you the endgame of the current mess?  We need about 2-5 million or more ILLEGAL immigrants, drug-dealers, thieves and criminals.  Biden's administration will see to it that we get all of that and more criminal territory/activity, to boot.

https://www.history.com/topics/great-depression/dust-bowl

Heartbreaking but fascinating reading.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

June 10, 2022 12:28 am  #3

Re: "Hoovervilles"

10 things you may not know about the Dust Bowl Years. *** Not to be confused with The Great Depression, although they were somewhat intimately intertwined.  #4 is coming true now, sorry to say.  What isn't covered with tar/pavement is covered in cement.

https://www.history.com/news/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-dust-bowl?li_source=LI&li_medium=m2m-rcw-history

Black blizzards they were called, those LARGE clouds of dust.  That "dust" was topsoil and it nearly ruined the industry of raising crops with the best part of the soil missing.  The soil from the middle part of America ended up in the Atlantic Ocean.  The "politicians" were having a meeting about how to "solve the problem" when the dust began to swirl around them.  They, like the politicians now, have NO CLUE how to just let nature take care of itself.  Nature always takes care of herself, in spite of mankind, thank God and I mean literally thank GOD.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera