My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2022 8:16 am  #1

Will Smith is a disgrace

ON MY SOAPBOX:

I don't care if he did apologize.  I haven't made up my mind yet if I think that was a "staged stunt" or not.  I'm leaning towards not.  One thing Will needs to understand is there are MANY MANY people in the world who have alopecia and it's not exactly a life-threatening disease or anything.  Good grief man.

Nevertheless, the Hollyweird scene is a much different place (in many ways) than it was during its glory days.  The absolute filth we get today is disgraceful and shows just how low these people are willing to go to seem "macho".  It's not macho, it's horrible. 

Could you IMAGINE a refined actor like Gregory Peck doing what Will Smith did?  And could you even imagine Gregory Peck using that kind of language during a publicly televised affair like that?  I'm not saying the actors from that era (the greatest era of really good, talented actors and actresses) didn't use bad language, I'm not saying that at all.  I'm just saying they did NOT use it in public. They were a bit more discreet.  I think most of the people from those 2 or 3 decades in the history of theatre and movies would have been loath to offend their fans in such a way. 

This used to be a refined public.

Nowadays, anything goes.

How sad.  People say and do anything that pops into their heads and are not the least bit embarrassed.  As much as I like and admire President Trump, he's guilty of it too.  Understandably sometimes; however there's still no excuse for that kind of talk on live tv.

I think it's kind of appalling what Hollyweird has evolved into over the past 60-80 years.  Actors and Actresses of that era in history were looked up to as famous and gallant and mannerly, not the bunch of filthy-mouthed trash we have to deal with today and pretend they're "talented".  I would be willing to bet that people like Peck, Stewart, Heston, and the like, are looking down at what's happened in Hollyweird and shaking their heads in disgust.

OFF MY SOAPBOX NOW.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera