My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2018 10:51 pm  #1

What "diet" works?

I thought we'd already "proven" that low-fat diets were not good for people nor did they work?? 

Personally, I think all of this diet huckumpucky is nothing but bunk.  If you eat healthy foods (which was their intelligent advice! derrr. . . . ) and push away from the table sooner than usual, you'll lose weight - it's a given. 

All the studies in the world won't help people who really don't care about their weight. 

My DIL has a friend who recently lost about 100 pounds by simply counting calories, she ate nothing special;  she has another friend who lost the same amount of weight by not even looking at the calories involved in the foods she ate, she simply ate what she wanted (as long as it was not pure sugar, etc) when she wanted to eat it, and she did some intermittent fasting by stopping all food at 7:00 p.m. and not eating anything again until about 11:00 a.m.  Most of those hours are spent in sleep anyway, so it wasn't that much hardship, she said.  That's how I would approach weight loss if it were me. Neither of them counted fat or carb grams.  But whatever floats your boat. 

Gotta give these damn doctors SOMETHING to study, don't we?  If they aren't conducting some sort of study they aren't getting tax money in their pockets, are they?  Hmmmm.

https://examine.com/nutrition/low-fat-vs-low-carb-for-weight-loss/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera