My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2021 4:52 am  #1

Is MSNBC watching their own stations??

I doubt it and even if they were, they don't care as long as the money rolls in.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/11/are_msnbc_advertisers_watching_what_they_are_sponsoring.html

Most tv stations for the past 7 years have advertised nothing but Medicare - - day and night, 24/7, ALL THE TIME.  I have a friend who unplugged her tv and won't watch at all anymore simply because of the enormous amount of ads for the stupidest, silliest things.

When I was a kid we never heard one of those kinds of ads.  We heard commercials for Camay soap, Prell Shampoo, DuSharm hair detangler, Madge and her dishsoap or whatever it was, Tootsie Pop ads (with the owl, remember those?), Tide for whiter, brighter clothes, and Hi-Lex Bleach (which I don't even think they make anymore), Cream of Wheat, Malt-o-Meal, LOTS of cereal ads.

I remember watching Huntley and Brinkley every night at 8:00 p.m.  Sometimes later in the evening my Dad would watch John Chancellor and then eventually it was Walter Cronkite - - (he came on the tv scene a while after Chancellor was gone, I believe).  I don't really remember who was from what era, or an exact timeline, because I was still pretty young at that time, although their names are etched into my memory permanently.

I also vaguely remember Dad watching or maybe listening on radio, to Edward R. Murrow.  My grampa used to listen to news on the radio out at the farm (the reception was terribly full of static), before they finally broke down and bought a tv so grampa could watch baseball games, which he loved.  That was also full of static at times, but he didn't care.  He watched the news occasionally, not often because he would argue with the tv even back then!  Just like I do today!!  My Dad loved to watch boxing and when he did, I went into a different room because I thought it was cruel to beat the snot out of someone - never really saw the sense.  Besides boxing involved blood, ewwwww.

This is an interesting look back.  It's a helluva lot more interesting than what's on the tube these days, but on the other hand, these are the doods that started it all, for better or for worse. 

https://www.poynter.org/archive/2006/early-tv-anchors/

They had no idea it would evolve into a racist, supremacist, dogmatic, free-for-all.  Some of us actually saw that coming back in the early 1980's when Reagan became President and the newspeople just went bonkers.  They hated him and loved him at the same time.  Ditto for Donald J. Trump - people either love him or hate him.  There seems to be no "in-between" anymore.  Why is that, I wonder?  Are we really that radical??

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera