My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 10, 2021 8:51 pm  #1

Grow tomatoes many different ways

I intend to grow a "container garden" this year, only because I'll probably be moving out of my home soon.  When one lives in an apartment or duplex or whatever is down the road for me, I can still grow lots of things in pots, you just have to know how to do it. 

I've had pots of herbs and other things before, and it's quite simple if you check them a few times daily for moisture and sunlight exposure, etc.  If you're lucky enough to get a hard rain in your area, just make sure the plant containers are not sitting in too much water, empty out most of the water rather than leaving standing water in the tray under the plants.

Growing tomatoes in pots is easy even if they need to be staked as they grow.  I do not like cherry tomatoes, so I grow the BIG FAT ones and stake them, although I put two plants per pot rather than the one plant recommended here.  One plant per pot is a waste, in my estimation.  They need a companion plant. 

https://www.almanac.com/plant/tomatoes

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the article to see the full amount of information included.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera