My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2021 11:10 pm  #1

Who will tell us about the past?

Cuomo killed off nearly an entire generation of people who took with them ALL of our past history.  The personal histories will be the most missed.

HISTORY because they lived it and could share their experiences and memories. 

Not anymore, thanks to idiots like Cuomo.  If he wouldn't enjoy it, someone should spank him .  .  . 

https://thefederalist.com/2021/03/03/cuomos-nursing-home-scandal-also-killed-priceless-cultural-memories/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

March 8, 2021 11:45 pm  #2

Re: Who will tell us about the past?

Does anyone but me remember S & H Green stamps, or the Peace Patrol Savings Accounts?  (I'm giving away my age now, aren't I?!!).  After collecting quite a few Peace Patrol savings stamps, you could buy a bank savings bond.

Those bonds were worth investing in (I bought mine with those savings stamps and with some birthday money I'd saved for a few years). 

Even as an adult in my 30's I was still getting S & H Green Stamps when I shopped, which I eventually used to get a whole bunch of things.  I remember I got a Sunbeam Mixer (the big one with the stand mixer and the bowls, etc) and some lovely feather pillows, just to name a few things.  It's too bad businesses don't still do things like this. Instead, they keep track on your checkout list thing and let you know how much you've "saved" over a 1 year period of buying groceries at their store.  Big deal, at the price of groceries now, no one is REALLY saving a damned dime.

Maybe we should all band together and demand something like S & H Green Stamps again . . . I've heard worse ideas.  There are going to be a LOT of poorer people very soon, thanks to biden et al.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera