My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 16, 2020 10:28 pm  #1

Look for the resistance to grow

People are getting fed up and it's beginning to show.  THANK GOD. 

Thing is, I'm older now and can't do all the things I used to do.  I would love to protest (peacefully, with a sign) but it's winter where I live and it's already colder than hell on a holiday.  I wouldn't be able to tolerate all the hub-bub, and besides since the stroke a year and a half ago, I just don't see very well.  My peripheral vision on the right is all messed up.  So that makes it hard to drive, to begin with - not to mention it makes tripping over things altogether too easy.  All I'd need now is a fall.

But the younger generation of today are chickenshits and they have no intention of "fighting" for anything.  Yes they get mad, yes they talk big - - but do you see anyone (other than people who already have tons of money) DOING anything useful for the rest of us, in terms of fighting the establishment???  I sure don't. 

But maybe as the resistance continues to grow, the younger people with a conscience will begin to be inspired to action.  One can only hope.

This is good reading if you need inspiration.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2020/12/16/the-morning-briefing-americans-revolt-against-life-in-covid-19-east-berlin-n1213307

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 16, 2020 11:41 pm  #2

Re: Look for the resistance to grow

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera