My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2020 4:26 am  #1

So many drugs, so many reps???

WHY are there soooooo many different drugs for the same ailment?  AND why are people often using 2 or 3 or more drugs FOR THE SAME THING???  Can't they get it right the first time?

And people are supposed to "believe" in these companies??????

There must be at least 400 different pills which can be prescribed for, say, high blood pressure.  AT LEAST 400 if not more.

Someone PLEASE tell me why we would need so many?  High blood pressure is a universal problem and really needs only one treatment.  Possibly having more than one to choose from, if someone turns out to be allergic to the ONE drug, might be helpful, but we certainly don't need hundreds of different pills from which to choose.  That's pure craziness.

Beta blockers are often confused with high blood pressure meds.  They aren't even CLOSE to being for the same purpose entirely.  I take a beta blocker because without it my heart beats too hard and too fast.  I've been taking that pill for 30 years, nothing changes, nothing improves, so it's what they call a "lifetime" drug.  WHY doesn't one of these massive drug companies develop a drug like a beta blocker that will eventually completely solve the problem and people can actually live their lives without a drug for it, at all?  Ha, because the drug companies need repeat, lifetime customers in order to survive as a business, and the people (customers/patients) don't really matter.

It's always amazed me as to how and why the drug companies need to invent so many different drugs to treat the same set of symptomatologies.  It's asinine.  If they would develop only 2 or maybe 3 for the same conditions, they'd probably make more money than ever, because they would NOT need drug reps, they wouldn't waste a doctor's time TALKING to the drug reps, and they would save a lot of money not giving out those enormous BONUSES to the drug reps.  I've talked to a few of those people in my lifetime and they make A LOT of money.

Yeah, not reaaaaally necessary if the playbook was well written and done right.

Rant over for now!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera