My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2020 3:56 am  #1

Who in the wide world writes these headlines???

I had to read that headline 4 times - 4 TIMES, MIND YOU - before I could tell exactly what in the hell they were trying to say.  I think some of these online outlets need to re-think their hiring policies.  Good heavens.

Here's the headline the way they have it: 

Countries That Kill Journalists, Keep Concentration Camps Elected To U.N. Human Rights Council

Here's the way it SHOULD be written (I've made the corrections necessary for the human mind to actually understand what's being said here!):

Countries WHICH Kill Journalists AND Keep Concentration Camps, ARE Elected To U.N. Human Rights Council

See how simple it was? (my correction are in large print in case you weren't following).

Also, the word "that" is totally overused (and wrongly I might add) in American society.  This is a prime failure of the "federal school systems with overpaid administrators, not teachers, making the rules".  Now, with BLM and Antifa crap taking over, even the teachers are proving to be just downright stupid.  I'm very, very glad my grandchildren are being homeschooled - third year now.  Yippee!!

Anyway, not only is the headline disturbing but so is the content of the story at the link below:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/13/countries-that-kill-journalists-keep-concentration-camps-elected-to-u-n-human-rights-council/

And if my "corrections" have made the headlines too long, all they hafta do is shorten it.  How about "New Countries Added to UN Human Rights Council".  There, fixed!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera