My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2020 12:31 am  #1

Do you buy the awful food from China?

There is a lot of food (as well as other products) in our American marketplaces which should not be there and should NEVER be consumed.

This is a good article about the situation (from April of 2020 so fairly recent) except that the writer did take some information from gooGLe and no one should EVER take the word of anything from that site - EVER.

Nevertheless, you can do your own fact checking on this sort of information, just be careful of the source.  Do not use American News or Newspapers or Magazines or their web sites for information.  It is just as tainted as the foods we're trying to discuss.

This is why we buy a lot of our food from the farmers markets in the summer months (short as they are around here) and also from the Health Food Stores (we always ask about seeing their "sourcing information" too.

Too much poisonous and unhealthy stuff on the market these days.  Also be careful of drugs, aspirin, etc., and always check for country of origin.

https://www.ini-world-report.org/2020/04/04/food-from-china-wow-please-read-this/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

August 11, 2020 12:43 am  #2

Re: Do you buy the awful food from China?

BAD NEWS ON ONE FRONT:

I just opened a small can of Dole Mandarin Oranges (because I love them as a dessert treat in the summer) and I happen to check out the can. 

It now says Product of China.

Damn.  Dole sold out.  Must have been damned recent because the article in the post above is from April of 2020 - that's THIS YEAR. 

So now my question is:  WHO CAN WE TRUST?

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera