My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2020 3:00 am  #1

Trump used executive orders - is that wrong or brilliant?

This is, yes, a brilliant move, but Trump ain't out of the woods, and that's too bad.  However, I doubt that any of the feckless democraps will challenge this since they have to know they were completely in the wrong to support Piglosi's insane demands, not to mention the amounts of money she was talking about.  The woman is an idiot, we already know that, but it's time to send her home to CA where she can rub shoulders with the homeless and the illegals she so admires.  

In my opinion, if an EO isn't meant to be used specifically for stuff like this then why doesn't the Supreme Court (or whoever has the power) just eliminate EO's altogether?  I mean, if you can't exercise Presidential power when it's totally necessary, what's the point in having it at their disposal??  Our gubmint is sometimes an organized clusterfuck.

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE AT LINK BELOW:

"Republicans should hesitate to applaud these orders. While the president made a brilliant political calculation, he undercut the legislative process of Congress.

“Even if these acts are technically legal, they run counter to the spirit of our system, and continue the long-running trend of an overweening executive branch steam-rolling a feckless Congress,” National Review editor Rich Lowry tweeted."

But then it's followed with this, which more or less wipes up the floor with Piglosi and her crew of crooked nitwits.

" . . . Democrats have proven particularly feckless during the coronavirus crisis.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has treated coronavirus relief bills as a far-left wish list, rather than as serious compromise legislation. Republicans have sought compromise, and even Trump’s executive orders reflect a desire for compromise. Yet it seems Democrats are working hard to block relief in order to make Trump appear heartless and uncaring.

In the most recent round of negotiations, Pelosi demanded an extra $1 trillion to bail out state and local governments, even though state governments have not yet used up the money[/url] from the CARES Act. Pelosi has also engaged in despicable rhetoric, accusing Republicans of “trying to get away with murder, [url=https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/06/23/pelosi-accuses-republicans-of-trying-to-get-away-with-the-murder-of-george-floyd-n569475]the murder of George Floyd” because they disagree with a few of her proposals on criminal justice reform.

It isn’t just Pelosi, either. Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden has endorsed the House speaker’s shenanigans, claiming that the coronavirus pandemic is an “opportunity” for “structural change” on everything from voting to climate change.

Pelosi has played extremely stupid games, and this is her stupid prize: leading a Democratic effort to challenge executive orders extending coronavirus relief to the American people. I don’t agree with Trump’s move here, but I must admit that it is quite simply brilliant."

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/08/08/trump-uses-executive-orders-to-provide-covid-relief-as-dems-vow-to-challenge-them-in-court-n766868

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera