My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 1, 2020 2:13 am  #1

Case against masks & other "mandates"

Great reading, for sure.  And I couldn't agree more - - we are letting the democraps set the stage for an unknown future because they have no clue, either!  They just needed a political tool, and they found one.  I don't think this one just "fell into their laps" either - - this was a manufactured crisis by the democraps, no doubt about it.  But PEOPLE ARE FIGHTING BACK - FINALLY - because this is now beginning to hurt the children of America, the elderly have been hurt by this from the very beginning, and this is not where it stops, doncha see?  We MUST fight back hard and NOW.

FINALLY people are beginning to "get it".

QUOTE TAKEN FROM THE ARTICLE AT LINK BELOW:

"We should also resist the ratcheting effect of a growing culture of safetyism, most excellently discussed in an UnHerd article by Matthew Crawford. He writes, “At the level of sentiment, there appears to be a feedback loop wherein the safer we become, the more intolerable any remaining risk appears. At the level of bureaucratic grasping, we can note that emergency powers are seldom relinquished once the emergency has passed.” 

Accepting invasive rules that affect personal behavior in a low-risk environment conditions people to accept that kind of intrusion into their lives. This is one reason people are particularly against masking their children, who are especially prone to manipulation. If we do this, what kind of human are we helping to produce?

People who care only about coronavirus statistics gloss over these negative consequences.It is also morally problematic to indefinitely treat the healthy as the maybe-sick. Inasmuch as we are required to do this at all, we should do it with the lightest hand and for the shortest duration possible.

“Eliminate all risk” is not a reasonable standard.

Politicians, however, almost always eager central planners — with a few
exceptions — seem willing to just drop the hammer."

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/31/the-moral-case-against-mask-mandates-and-other-covid-restrictions/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera