My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2020 10:47 pm  #1

Sloppy Joe Nachos

Where I come from here in the Northern Great Plains of our great land, we call these barbeques (or when writing out recipes, I abbreviate with BBQ). 

These sound delicious and easy.  I got the idea from the August/September 2020 issue of Taste of Home Magazine (there is no link to post).  Sounds easy and fast, and you can use your own BBQ recipe if you like.

SLOPPY JOE NACHOS

Gound beef (to suit however many you're feeding.  There's usually just 2 of us at my house so I pound of hamburger is usually plenty.

Brown in a SAUCEPAN (not a skillet, it's too messy) and add lots and lots of onions while browning.

Then make your favorite BBQ recipe (there are hundreds of different kinds).  Personally, I just add some salsa and a bit of tomato paste to the fried burger and simmer for a bit then turn burner off.

Add either plain flour, corn or Dorito flavored nacho chips to a plate, cover with the BBQ, add some shredded cheddar or mexican cheese mixtures (available from Kraft at regular stores, but we buy a mixture from our health food store that's wonderful).  After the cheese has had a minute or so to melt a bit, add some sliced black olives and a few thinly sliced avocado strips - - and there you have it. 

A great, easy summer meat on a hot day.  No oven, only a burner for a short time.  Use paper plates, lots of napkins and plastic forks if you want a no-mess clean up situation!

Perfect for when grandkids are visiting because they always love stuff like this and they can eat it outdoors on the deck, and have a glass of homemade lemonade or limeade.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera