My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2020 9:28 pm  #1

Tom Cotton gets it right

I'd say it's about time SOMEONE spoke up and put truth 'out there' for all to see. 

As I've said before (at this site), I don't think a lot of the people who are participating in the "protesting" even understand the scope of what it is they're protesting about, or for, at all. 

My other opinion (just mine, not of the writer of the article) is this: if these people aren't happy with America the way it is, and how it actually BECAME America, they can go elsewhere to live.  I mean, there's a whole big, wide world out there for them.  They do not seem to grasp the idea of the fact that there was also white slavery - - all over the world.  It was just the way of the times, and no one from any of the current or recently past generations had any say in it or control over it, because we weren't even here! 

ALL COUNTRIES HAVE HAD GROWING PAINS, that's just the way it was. We are not now, nor were WE ever in control of that.  All we can do is control the present, and they better start getting their heads on straight if they expect to survive for what's left of their lives because change is a big part of life, all the time.  Don't tell me that "using" the Mexican people who are coming to this country illegally (the way Nanny Piglosi and many other richy rich people do) isn't the same thing as slavery, because it most certainly is.  There's no excuse for it, but privilege seems to bring it out in people because they think they're better because they have money, it has nothing to do with "life" or skin color or ethnicity or anything else.  It has to do with MONEY.  There's your bottom line.

They also need to study up on the REAL Abraham Lincoln, not the stuff the school's, in all their ignorance, are teaching them. 

QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE AT LINK BELOW:

" “I will say this, the cancel culture, whether in its Maoist or its Jacobin forms, ultimately is animated by a single idea, that America, at its core, is fundamentally irredeemable and wicked,” Cotton concluded. “I reject that claim fully, wholeheartedly. America is a great and noble nation, the noblest nation in the history of mankind, that has struggled throughout our history, imperfectly but ceaselessly, to live up to our founding creed that all men are created equal. The single greatest defense against tyranny, against racism, against oppression. [Those are] the stakes of this debate.”

Cotton is correct. The cancel culture — like its more virulent form in the Southern Poverty Law Center’s “hate group” defamation — is about control over the mind, quashing intellectual dissent from The Narrative. That Narrative is that America is fundamentally oppressive — racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic, and all kinds of bigoted for which words do not yet exist — because evil domineering white men invented it.

Nevermind that those white men made universal human equality the central truth on which the nation stood, so much so that the logic of that freedom and equality forced the abolition of slavery and women’s suffrage. Nevermind that America’s free markets have helped give birth to an entirely new form of wealth unimaginable just two centuries past. Nevermind that the supposedly “oppressed” people are citizens with the right to vote, petition their government, and speak their minds to a degree essentially unprecedented in human history.

It takes an absurdly blind fanaticism to insist that today’s extremely free and prosperous America is institutionally oppressive, bent on holding back its own citizens."

https://pjmedia.com/culture/tyler-o-neil/2020/06/12/tom-cotton-eviscerates-cancel-culture-in-obelisk-of-wokeness-speech-n518979

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera