My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2020 10:08 pm  #1

Superfood brownies & some other cacao ideas

I have changed up this recipe a bit from time to time (using the cocoa powder I had on hand rather than a trip across town to the health food store for cacao powder), using pecans rather than walnuts (and BTW that worked out swell -  added great taste!).

I've posted this recipe here before, but decided to bring it to the top again, since some of the good recipes get farther and farther down the line and people miss them.  Each time I post something new, it bumps the last post down a line, so eventually they kinda sorta disappear!

These are fun to make, and easy as sin.  They taste sinfully good, too!

https://survivingthemiddleclasscrash.wordpress.com/2011/04/29/healthy-no-bake-brownies-yummy-superfood/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 18, 2020 5:51 am  #2

Re: Superfood brownies & some other cacao ideas

=16pxSome info on real cacao (like what's used in the superfood brownies at the above post).  I should send the guy that recipe!!

This came from one of my online contacts from one of the newsletters I subscribe to. Nick Polizzi, Host of Proven: Healing Breakthroughs Backed By Science
& Founder of The Sacred Science

The history of chocolate is as rich as its flavor. Chocolate is made from seeds of cacao trees (Theobroma cacao), which originate from the Upper Amazon Rain Forest.
=16pxAt one time, cacao seeds, or beans, were thought to be more valuable than gold and were used as currency by the Aztecs. =16pxToday, cacao is continuing to prove its worth by being labeled a top superfood thanks to its health-boosting goodness.=16pxA Boatload Of Benefits=16pxRaw cacao is definitely something you want to start incorporating into your diet if you haven't already. It's loaded with antioxidants - more so than even acai and blueberries. Antioxidants help to fight off free radicals which are responsible for causing cellular damage that leads to signs of aging and serious diseases like cancer.=16pxAlong with its abundance of antioxidants, cacao is rich in vitamins and minerals - including calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, and magnesium. These vitamins and minerals are vital for boosting energy levels, memory, clarity and immunity.=16pxWhen you combine cacao's antioxidants and vitamins you are left with a healing powerhouse.=16pxIt's also a natural anti-inflammatory - and we know that inflammation is the root of many conditions like heart disease and diabetes. Cacao is linked to numerous heart benefits including lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.=16pxAlong with keeping your heart healthy, cacao works wonders on your brain. It boosts cognitive health and neuroplasticity - the process by which the brain creates new neural connections (This has been shown to help patients with Alzheimer's and dementia.) In addition, cacao can help elevate your mood by increasing serotonin levels.=16pxAs if those healing properties weren't enough, cacao helps your overall health by being supremely gut-friendly. It works as a prebiotic, full of fiber that helps create good bacteria to keep your tummy healthy and happy.=16pxI recently stumbled upon this perfect wintry recipe, and now I'm hooked on it! The Hot Cardamom Tahini Cacao...=16pxClick here to continue reading this recipe on our blog=16pxPsst... This Chocolate Is Good for You! =16pxI'm what you might call a cacao powder devotee. Not just because it is a superfood you can indulge in, but it is extremely versatile and adds depth to so many recipes. =16pxOver the past year, we discovered a great brand of cacao called Cacao Bliss, and it's become our go-to. This Peruvian chocolate is a unique cacao powder blend that is packed full of nutrients and health-boosting properties. Kale and blueberries are good for you, but this chocolate is even better! It will help you feel rejuvenated, happy, and focused. =16pxOn top of tasting delicious and boosting your mood, it also...

• =16pxPromotes healthy blood sugar
  • =16pxReduces inflammation and fights free radicals, helping to slow down aging and prevent diseases
  • =16pxFeeds good gut bacteria
  • =16pxImproves cognitive health and clears up brain fog

=16pxFind out more about Cacao Bliss HERE.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

September 6, 2022 4:42 am  #3

Re: Superfood brownies & some other cacao ideas

bump

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera