My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2020 1:57 am  #1

We need to learn to cope

And you cope by using what's at hand.  Natural remedies, face masks, hand washing a few times daily, and other "safety" measures could be undertaken by our citizens.  We are, after all, civilized enough to follow protocol for a few months, except for a few numbskulls like those girls who were coughing and spitting on each other AND on other people (for the mere sake of becoming "famous" I think) a few weeks back.  That was just stupid even without the threat of some "virus".

This is a great article about a highly populated area where I used to live in Southern California.  I went to Hollywood High for 1 semester before we moved farther up into the hills (the San Gabriel Mountains). I have cousins who live in Newport Beach and Manhattan Beach.  I know ALL the areas he mentioned in this article and have been there many times.  But in my personal opinion, the dumbest of the dumb are the ones who live in Beverly Hills -  -  they are spoiled rotten, rich, and bitchy about everything that doesn't go their way.  I know.  I've seen them and their rancorous behavior.

Read the article from the link below.

https://www.takimag.com/article/the-good-news-and-bad-news-from-the-west-coast/

"My guess is that to reboot low-priority spending like going to the movies, we will need reliable masks. To provide everyone in America with a fresh N95 mask every day would require 10 billion masks per month. I’m not aware that anybody in a position of power has been thinking about that very large number.

On the other hand, spending even $100 billion over the next 12 months on masks sounds cheaper than letting most of the businesses in America go broke."

Makes sense to me.  Spend now, recover the economy, and save later.  Ahh, that's wayyyy too sensible though.  [size=100]Also a lot cheaper than sending out "checks" to everyone in America - - is that NOT just the dumbest thing you've ever heard of??  Just reopen the damned economy and let people get on with their lives, come what may.  Let it be OUR choice, not some gubmint mandate, for heaven's sake.[/size]

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera