My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2019 3:02 am  #1

Rolling back the ban on light bulbs

Back in 2007, I thought I was literally hearing things when I heard the announcement about Obozo wanting to "ban light bulb use" for America's homeowners and businesses.  I could not believe my eyes and ears!  Well, we have a President now who has a full brain in his head, not just 1/2 a brain that Obozo has.  And I think in 2007 his brain was on tilt. 
FROM THE ARTICLE AT THE LINK BELOW:

"The Energy Department announced that it had finalized its decision to roll back the 2007 rule that banned incandescent light bulbs in favor of energy-efficient CFLs.DOE said that although the CFLs increase efficiency in light bulbs, it costs the consumers 300 percent more to light their homes. But the real benefit to repealing the ban is that it will once again, give consumers a choice."

"What the greens (MINE: I call them "greenies"!) object to is giving people a choice. You see, they don't think you're smart enough to act in your own interest."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-administration-finalizes-rule-that-will-rollback-light-bulb-ban/

We have always preferred the old fashioned light bulbs and we still use them.  When we heard they were going to be banned, we went to the local hardware store and bought a ton of them!  It paid because the supply has lasted for 12 years!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 23, 2019 4:20 am  #2

Re: Rolling back the ban on light bulbs

NOW IT'S OFFICIAL!  THANK GOD WE DON'T HAVE TO USE THOSE STUPID TWISTY BULBS ANYMORE.  THEY WERE TERRIBLY EXPENSIVE AND GAVE OFF LESS LIGHT THAN A CANDLE.  WE WERE BETTER OFF IN THE 1800'S. 

https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-administration-finalizes-rule-that-will-rollback-light-bulb-ban/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera