My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2019 10:08 pm  #1

This years congressional gift basket to Americans

" . . . nothing says “happy holidays” like bilking U.S. taxpayers for trillions of dollars through a bill no one has had time to read.Congress used to pass individual spending bills, with amendments and multiple floor votes. But that involves a lot of work on behalf of the congressional leadership, so they’ve quietly exchanged that for these now-customary gargantuan spending bills that are written by a handful of staff, behind closed doors, heavily influenced by campaign agendas and lobbyists.

If you don’t believe me, just look at all the “good of the country” priorities that ended up in this year’s $1.4 trillion, 2,313-page congressional gift basket."

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/18/congress-is-giving-taxpayers-a-2000-page-1-4-trillion-spending-bill-for-christmas/

Pay attention here: that's 1.4 trillion - - with a "TR".  This country used to think a million was a lot.  Then we graduated, almost unnoticed by the public, to billions (with a "B") and now we're up to the "T" in trillion.  Again, almost unnoticed by anyone and certainly no one in our "elected positions" are blinking an eye.  It's just incredible how stupid we are to just accept this kind of crap. 

We are ruled by a bunch of crooks on both sides of the aisle, don't kid yourself.  Mitch McConnell, for one, can't even make up his mind which side of the aisle he's actually on.  But it really doesn't matter since they are cookie-cutter rip-off "politicians".  I wish someone could explain to me why we need these people?  The American people would be just as capable of wasting their own money as "elected officials" if we ever had a chance to actually get our hands on the money we earn.  We don't and we never will have that chance.  The CONgress idiots make sure they spend it before it's even earned.  The FED RESERVE is right in there with them, making and breaking promises at the speed of light.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

December 19, 2019 10:49 pm  #2

Re: This years congressional gift basket to Americans

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera