My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2019 12:35 am  #1

Sorry, Ron, but we have to start somewhere

Here's a quote from the article at the link posted below:

"Instead of declaring war on Mexico, perhaps the answer to the drug cartel problem is to take away their incentives by ending the war on drugs. Why not try something that actually works?"

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/12/ron-paul/fight-another-terror-war-against-drug-cartels-theres-a-better-way/

Well, this is a nice idea but exactly how do we do this?  He doesn't give us answers for that, does he.  Cracks me up how other people always know the end game, but never the plays.  I respect Ron Paul very much but sometimes I just don't identify with his ideas.  Either they aren't fully formed ideas or they're not well presented so that people understand what he means, I'm not sure which. 

How does he propose to end the war on drugs if we don't get started somewhere?  Trump wanted to build border walls that might help with infiltrators bringing in dope, but nope that's not kosher with the American people.  So what DO they want done about this problem? 

I'm beginning to think CONgress doesn't WANT to fix this because so many of those idiot people on the hill are making money off the drugs just like the cartels are doing.  It's a problem no one wants to truly fix. That's my observation of the whole thing anyway.  I just WISH someone would prove me wrong by fixing it!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera