My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 18, 2019 3:05 am  #1

Crockpot banana bread

My banana bread never seems to turn out quite right when I bake it in the oven in a loaf pan - - it's usually pretty darn dry by the time it's done all the way through.  I'm going to try this crock pot recipe, although it doesn't tell what size crock pot to use.  I'm going to guess just a regular, round one, because the oval pots are pretty big.  At least I'm going to give this a try and see what happens - it might do ok and be my new "go to" recipe!

https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-crockpot-banana-bread-recipe-304958

I always add choc chips to my banana cake (that I make now instead of the usual way of making banana bread) if I decide not to frost it.  If I frost the cake, I use cream cheese frosting recipe with just a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.  Heck, I use nutmeg in absolutely everything!  I buy whole nutmeg "berries" from the health food store, pound them lightly with a hammer to crack them open, then whiz them in my cuisinart coffee grinder.  I have one grinder just for spices (usually grind as much fresh stuff as possible where spices are concerned) and the other is for coffee beans only.  Once I mixed them up and had allspice flavored coffee!  My DH wasn't too fond of it but he drank it anyway.  Too expensive to waste coffee these days.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera