My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2019 8:29 pm  #1

I recently had a dilemma

I had developed a severe skin rash - but only in certain places on my body, and it looked like a bad sunburn - only that I haven't been out in the sun for any length of time except to walk to the mailbox and back (about 50 feet out and 50 feet back) because whenever I'm watching a baby in my day care, I do not like to be out of the house AT ALL.  I need to be right here in case they need me.

So, this rash was quite itchy, right?  I talked to my doctor about it a month ago or more and she said, nonchalantly, "we'll look at it next time you're in my office", which consequently isn't for another 11 days (and this was over 6 weeks ago).  Ok then.  Sooooooo, I mixed up my own "healing stuff" which was a mixture of calamine lotion and coconut oil and smeared it on my arms and the top of my left foot (the rash never appeared at all on the right foot, just the left).  Yes, it healed up nicely in about 3 days and the itching stopped almost immediately after the application of the first layer of stuff on my arms. 

Long story short (sort of), I have decided to stop using the cream and here's why.  IF I USE IT I won't have any evidence to show the doctor when I go to see her, and she won't believe me when I'm telling her that it's definitely a reaction to one of the stupidass drugs she placed me on after my slight stroke.  I had no problems for the first 2 months after getting home from the hospital, but when I saw my doc back in June she changed a bunch of stuff around (and I also insisted on being taken off those damned statin drugs, which she did without any questions because she knew I wouldn't take them anyway!).  It was after those changes that I broke out with this thing that looks like a bad sunburn.  The strange thing is, this only seems to affect my lower arms - you can just see where my shirt sleeve ends which is why it so closely resembles a sunburn to exposed areas of the body.  I've never ever seen or heard of anything like it before, and my doctor probably hasn't either, which is why she doesn't have the first clue what to do about it.  Imagine that.

But yes, I can heal it and stop the itching, but that will not tell us the answer to why this happened in the first place, right??  She needs to change my drug regimen or take me off the two pills I'm on, which is procardia and HCTZ (short for hydrochlorothiazide).  I think those are both primarily blood pressure meds because I had extremely high blood pressure when I was at the emergency room, but then again, I DO have white coat syndrome, always have had.  At any rate, after all the "testing" they did, they really didn't say much to me but my hospital doctor told me that it was only a very slight stroke, but that the scan of my brain was puzzling to them because it showed some weird stuff I guess.  Even if he'd have explained it to me I probably wouldn't have understood it and I have some medical background, too.

Nevertheless, don't just cover up a skin rash caused from drug interactions.  Never do that.  Even though I CAN heal it up, I'm not going to do that until I show the doctor what I've got going on.  Otherwise, they tend not to believe their patients, who tell them something in detail and then they refuse to believe them.  It's a strange world we live in today.

Check this out tho, if you have skin irritations that need immediate attention.

https://healthimpactnews.com/2019/study-virgin-coconut-oil-has-anti-inflammatory-and-skin-protective-properties/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera