My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2019 8:30 pm  #1

Frozen peanut butter cup pie

My oldest grandson requests this (I have had a similar recipe since the 1970's when my own kids were small !) every year for his birthday.  He is the only "summertime" baby out of all 7 of them.  I also have to come up with 3 autumn ideas (and few of them like anything pumpkin flavored except my famous pumpkin pie which I reserve for thanksgiving only) so I always have a heckuva time figuring out what to make for them.  Then we have 2 winter birthdays and one spring birthday.  Those are easy enough to think up ideas for but those fall birthday's are a pistol !  So glad we have at least 1 in the summer.    My own kids were born 2 in August and 1 in September, so they're all old enough now that they can do their own thing, unless they specifically request something from me!

https://www.thespruceeats.com/frozen-peanut-butter-cup-pie-3061442

You'll want to give this a try, believe me.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

July 28, 2019 8:39 pm  #2

Re: Frozen peanut butter cup pie

Here's a recipe for a no-bake chocolate cheesecake pie that's been around since the 1960's, I believe.  My Mom made this often in the summer because my Dad was a chocoholic!

https://www.thespruceeats.com/no-bake-chocolate-cheesecake-3052579

He lived to be 84 after a lifetime of grueling hard work, and my Mom lived to be 85 also after a lifetime of working herself ragged.  I hope I do as well.  We talk about my parents and my DH's parents to our grands all the time because they should know about their heritage.  I have a few pictures of my grandparents, too, so we often talk about them with our grands, too.  My DH doesn't know much about his grandparents because they lived farther away from where he grew up, so he didn't see or hear from them very often.  That's always so sad to me.  I would like to know about his heritage myself. It's a bit late now though, because his two oldest brothers (who might have remembered some things from their childhoods about their grandparents) are both gone now.  His other living siblings don't remember a thing about them, except that their great grampa smoked a cigar almost continually.  Lived to be 96.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera