My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2026 7:53 pm  #1


The importance of the Civil War - NOT SLAVERY OR BLACKS

I love history, always have, just don't like the "history" being made right now (in 2026).  We need to get this DONE and move on to more important things for the citizens of the USA, like cleaning out the illegals and concentrating on winning upcoming November elections (mid-term).  The republicans could be in big goddamned trouble if they don't get things back to normal so people can concentrate on life in GENERAL.

But we (the USA) were in this position back in the 1860's, too.  A friend of mine and I were visiting on the phone yesterday and I asked her if April 12 wasn't an important date for some reason.  I just FELT IT.  The reason I felt it is because my paternal grandmother's birthday was April 11 and my paternal grandfather's birthday is today, April 13.  But as a kid I remember talking about April 12th being important, too. 

Sure enough, this interesting site will show that the Civil war played a big role in why I remembered April 12 as being an important date.  If you, too, love history, we should not forget what came before us and what's happening right now.  Too many people don't seem to give a damn about our past.  Well, I do.

You have to keep scrolling to find the information because they kind of buried it in amongst other interesting tidbits of information.  But it is fascinating.


https://www.nps.gov/gett/learn/historyculture/civil-war-timeline.htm


A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw
 

Board footera