My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2024 9:53 pm  #1

Poor Man's Steak

I used to make this all the time because my husband loved it.  He wasn't a fan of mushrooms, however, so I usually omitted those and made some of my homemade "cream of celery" soup.  There is a link posted on this site already to make your own "cream of" soups.  It's called "Cream of Anything Soup".  You can do a search for it.

https://www.amish365.com/the-amish-cook-poor-mans-steak/

If you read the ingredients on the side of a soup can these days, you'll see why I make my own!

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

August 17, 2024 10:01 pm  #2

Re: Poor Man's Steak

Here's my earlier post for Cream of Anything Soup.  I fouond it by narrowing my search words.  I hope this copy and past of the link works out!

https://mypolkadotapron.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=508

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

August 23, 2024 2:54 am  #3

Re: Poor Man's Steak

Another recipe I found for Poor Man's Steak, although i would NEVER use canola oil (ewwwww) and I don't wanna BAKE it on a day when it's 96 degrees! 

This site wouldn't take the link I tried to post so I just copied the recipe and will post that here.  I wasn't sure it would copy but it seems to have worked.

We've had 3 days of true heat and other than that it's been raining cats and dogs and snakes arouond here for weeks.  Can't use my little open pit bar-b-que grill thing when it's raining so that's no help either.  One thing about where I live, it's cool most of the year but when it's hot it's unbearable especially when it's this humid.  My skin loves humidity, although sometimes I feel like I can't breathe.  I go and stand under my ceiling fan when I get that overheated feeling.  I actually can't wait until I can start using my oven again because I like baked foods and when my grandbabies are here we like to make pies and cakes and stuff.  They also love those Kissing Biscuits (the recipe is here) but I'm not about to start the oven right now. 

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera