My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2018 7:43 pm  #1

Learn to de-clutter your home

In my case, my husband needs to get busy this fall and de-clutter the garage.  OMG, he has such a glut of stuff out there - I think he even has two or three of the same items, he has two air compressors and about four of those things that are on rollers and you lay on them when you work underneath a car, etc.  And, to be honest, there are still boxes on the shelves in the garage from when we first moved into this house and they were never unpacked.  Didn't have the time or the room for most of it, so it's still out there - and that's my fault because it's mostly kitchen stuff.  Thing is, over the years I've needed some of it but had no way of knowing which box it was in, and in the middle of the winter I'm not about to start going through boxes in the freezing garage!

At any rate, I'm NOT a garage sale person, never have been.  I don't go to them and I don't have them.  Why would I need someone else's junk when I have too much of my own junk??  I never really understood garage sales, but the old saying is that what's one person's junk is another person's treasure.  I guess.  But that leaves me with just tossing stuff out a little at a time, just like this article suggests.  There are some good tips here.

https://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2017/10/29/eliminate-clutter/

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera