My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2024 10:09 pm  #1

Foods from the 70's and 80's?

This is just a short list (and it didn't have on the list what I was originally looking for anyway).  I remember some of these, but most of them are stomach turning nowadays.  Think of all that sugar Kellogg's doled out over 2 decades, no wonder everyone is diabetic today.

https://blog.cheapism.com/discontinued-foods-from-the-70s-and-80s/

No sir, what i was originally looking for was maybe a frozen version of the pizza burgers we used to be able to get at a local food drive-in in the town where I grew up.  The drive-in was called Dean's and the pizza burgers came in a green and white paper wrapper featuring a guy with a huge long nose (I'm pretty sure they were called DeMac Pizza Burgers) but I have searched far and wide and cannot find them anywhere online.  They probably don't make them anymore for all I know, and I've tried other homemade pizzaburger recipes and it's just not the same.  I think it was mozzarella cheese on top of a thin burger pattie and then loaded with finely chopped onions and the pizza saucy stuff was unlike anything else I've ever had it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.  That sauce was then very sparsely spread over the top of the burger bun and placed on top of the pattie.  My God they were so good but I've never been able to duplicate them no matter how hard I tried or how many different ways I tried.

The other "fast food" I used to love was from Taco Bell and it was called a taco lite.  The taco shell was so light and crispy and thin and crunchy.  Delicious and much less greasy than the taco crap served nowadays.  Too much soy oil is being used in the fast food industry these days and that stuff is HORRIBLE for us.  It's also used to feed cattle and it's just as bad for them, which also degrades the quality of the meat they produce. 

Food is now a totally different "animal" than it was when I was growing up, to be sure.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera