My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2018 12:35 am  #1

China getting set to take over America

I remember a few years ago having a conversation (online) with friends and they were all saying how they are so afraid Russia is going to take over America.  I kept saying no, it's China we hafta watch out for, but some of them disagreed.  I truly don't think I'm wrong about China, and clearly neither do a lot of other people.

To be truthful, America seems to have to be careful of ALL other nations.  They hate us because they aren't like us.

Quote:

"We continue telling ourselves that China's military threat will never materialize the way some (like myself) fear.  However, at each moment, the Chinese threat matures.  Westerners said we could impart our industrial capabilities onto Beijing because the West would spearhead the next "knowledge" economy.  Not only did the Chinese absorb our industry (that we willingly gave them in exchange for trinkets), but China also (in the last decade) began pivoting to dominate the knowledge sector as well – which it is doing.

My friends on Wall Street maintain that the Chinese economy will implode.  Maybe.  We're all still waiting for this to happen.  Even if China's economy did implode, that would not mitigate the threat.  It would merely change it.  After all, an unstable, decentralized China riven with nationalism is possibly even more dangerous than a united quasi-communist one.

For the first time in decades, the United States is competing against a rival whom, in many respects, it has fallen behind.  First, American leaders must fully acknowledge the threat.  Then the U.S. must move to do what the Spanish failed to do to the rising United States: challenge it early enough to head off any real threat.

Time is not on our side."

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/08/chinas_marathon_to_take_over_america.html

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera