My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2023 8:12 pm  #1

Happy Thanksgiving to all readers!

Even though we're not supposed to, I hope everyone has a relaxing Thanksgiving AFTER the big meal.  The women usually end up working for DAYS before and HOURS after, but it's all for a good reason.  This is the one holiday where no one has to buy anything for anyone (except food this year is breaking people up in business just to afford the basics, and thanks joe biden for THAT little perk) but we manage to throw a nice luncheon together to eat later in the mid-day and it serves the purpose of lunch and dinner.  What a concept, huh?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND GREAT FOOTBALL TO ALL !!! 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

November 23, 2023 8:20 pm  #2

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all readers!

I must tell you, my niece AND her husband both work for the FBI since 2020 and they  bought a house out in the woods just outside of the town where we all live.  It was well over $750,000 and they have it furnished to the hilt.  DON'T TELL ME THAT GUBMINT GOONS don't make big-time money.  Not to mention the food they had was sort of overkill but it was nice to be with family whilst the other part of my family was ill over the holiday last year.  So it was at least a place to go and be with others, rather than sitting here by myself all day, right?

But the money these people are paid to spy and do all of biden's dirty work is outrageous.  No wonder the rest of us can't afford anything, after paying their wages. And that's just ONE BRANCH of the many new gubmint office dumbass biden's assministration has created in the past 3 years.  Astounding waste, waste and more waste.

I could go on and on about the waste in today's cities, but I won't.  Not today anyway.  I was thinking about what I wrote up above and I really have NOTHING to be thankful for EXCEPT my son and his family.  My daughter is traveling abroad and my other son is heaven knows where.  So Mom is at the bottom of the list.  I get a text message wishing me happy thanksgiving, they really put a lot of effort into things.  Oh well.......

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera