My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 18, 2023 11:22 pm  #1

Do you remember these?

This is a list I will keep adding to, whenever I think of or find something interesting to place here!!

1.)  S & H Green Stamps
2.) Gold Bond Stamps
3.) when grocery stores gave away dishes with a certain $ purchase?
4.) when presidential spokepeople actually answered questions from audiences and reporters rather than deflecting by saying "I'm just not going to address that"????  What a doorknob.
5.) Phosphate sodas?  Cherry coke was my favorite.  I sometimes used to order an egg salad sandwich with
 it and a small bag of potato chips when they first came out.  Sometime French Fries (those came before potato chips).  In the old Woolworth stores we used to get the sandwiches out of a glass refrigerated thing where you lifted the door and took it out yourself *I cannot remember what those were called.  They weren't a "dispenser" because real people worked behind those glass things and restocked the sandwiches as soon as they were removed from one of those flip-up glass door jobbies.
6.) Cherry dip-top cones from Dairy Queen?  Someone recently wrote an article about how DQ was going to get rid of those cones, but I went to the local DQ 2 blocks from my house and they still had them and said they have NO PLAN to get rid of them.
7.) Payroll savings bonds?  Wish we still had these.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera