My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2023 7:55 pm  #1

Choctaw Sun Prayer

There is no link to this.  It's just a newsletter that comes to my email box, so I hope Nick doesn't mind if I share this.  It's beautiful.  WE ALL MUST KEEP OUR NATIVE HERITAGES ALIVE.  They were the first people in America we must never forget that, nor how we've destroyed the world THEY knew.  And now it's happening to the white population of America, thanks to our ridiculous president and our stooopid vice president.  We ALL need to get busy and pray for our country and our people, whatever color or nationality they are.

[color=#000000 !important]Something stunning happened while I was driving my son to camp the other morning. My eyes were fixed on the dark, dawn-lit road ahead as my mind was busy mulling over the various things on my schedule for the day.[/color]
[color=#000000 !important]Then I noticed a gigantic ball of flame creeping over the trees into the sky.[/color]

[color=#000000 !important]A sense of simple amazement coursed through me as I tried to comprehend the existence of this yellow dwarf star that was creating another bright day on my home planet.[/color][color=#000000 !important]  Without the light of the sun, life on Earth would not exist. Our ancestors were closely connected to this simple truth on a daily basis, but we modern humans often forget to notice the larger cosmic dance that makes each breath we take possible. [/color][color=#000000 !important]Maybe it’s time for us to remember.[/color][color=#000000 !important] The Choctaw sun prayer below honors the sun for all that it is. Enjoy![/color]

Sun Tracks

The track of the sun

across the sky

leaves its shining message,

Illuminating,

Strengthening,

Warming 
us who are here,

Showing us we are not alone,

we are yet ALIVE!

And this fire…

Our fire…