My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2023 1:33 am  #1

Farming: Next year isn't going to be any better

This part of the nation isn't going to get much better during this or next year either because we are entering into an El Nino year.  Those are notoriously dry.  Luckily where I live we had snow up the kazoo this past winter so we are still in really good shape at this point.  My brother lives farther to the north in my state and says it's starting to dry out up there, closer to the ND border.  But down south where I am, things are still good.  We've had a lot of dry lightning storms already though, and those are never good.  So glad I have a garage to keep my car in because we've already had hail several times.  Small hail but nevertheless.

https://www.westernjournal.com/republican-senator-posts-photos-iowa-field-everything-looks-fine-shows-close-plants/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=newsletter-weekly-CT&ff_campaign=weeklyam&ff_content=conservative-tribune

NO ONE SHOULD BE PLANTING THAT AWFUL CROP OF SOYBEANS ANYWAY.  I say let it all die, it's terrible for the human body and they put it in EVERYTHING these days.  You cannot get away from it.  That's why french fries don't taste like they used to when you were growing up *if you're as old as I am, that is !!!  I can remember walking home from school a couple of blocks out of our way just so we could stop by the little Mom and Pop drive-in and grab a couple of bags of fries.  God those were good.  Nowadays, fries have NO flavor and they're hard as a rock.  Soybean oil isn't good for humans or animals, so of course the Bill Gates' of the world are going to push it on US, but not his elitist class of rich clowns. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

June 19, 2023 1:45 am  #2

Re: Farming: Next year isn't going to be any better

WHY do all of the damned reporters keep mixing up Iowa and Ohio????  They aren't even CLOSE to each other on the map, and they don't sound all that much alike in pronunciation either.  It's disgusting.  Seems to me they'll let ANYONE write a news article these days if they can hold a pencil.  Maybe their bosses should give them all an old fashioned PAPER (FOLDING) MAP when they hire them, that might help a little, although brain power and common sense do have something to do with it, as well.  No one in the media has common sense anymore.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera