My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2023 9:18 pm  #1

Abraham and Isaac

The Bible is messy.  It's very dark in some places, before the light.  Seems as though life hasn't changed much in the past few centuries.  We are now at a time in history where we are going backwards.  It might still turn out ok if we can get rid of the boob in the oval office and his boob ideas, family and friends.  We can't keep letting the boobs make our decisions.  We won't survive that way. 

Looking backwards is one thing but going backwards is quite another. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/04/audiences_love_this_faithbased_new_movie_about_abraham_and_isaac.html

Shannon Bream's new book (and her other 2, as well) talk about this in detail and they are well worth reading.  I don't usually plug things on this board but those are worth reading, even if you think you're not of the Christian faith.

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL !

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 8, 2023 9:37 pm  #2

Re: Abraham and Isaac

This article was written last year by one of the writers of an article I posted here yesterday.  I thought this, too, was worth seeing.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/chris-queen/2022/04/15/good-friday-and-passover-remembering-freedom-n1589943

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE AT ABOVE LINK:

"This weekend, billions of Christians and Jews the world over will remember the day that God rescued His people from physical bondage as well as the day when God sent His Son to rescue all of those who call upon His name from the spiritual bondage of sin. Some Christians will celebrate next weekend instead, but no matter the day, the sentiment is the same."

It is said that April 7th is the true day of the crucifixion.  It is also my youngest grandson's birthday, oddly enough.

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

April 8, 2023 9:43 pm  #3

Re: Abraham and Isaac

It seems kind of odd to me that we celebrate Jesus birth more than we celebrate his death and the forgiveness it gave us all.  I love Christmas but it, too, seems to have lost meaning in the climate of today's political world.

How sad that people consider politics and money more important than belief in life itself, from beginning to end.

I have a feeling we're all about to learn a valuable lesson about being on the wrong side of both politics and religion.  And yes, they are intertwined in every way.  Our forefathers knew it, without question. 

the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera