My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2018 2:56 am  #1

"Redesigning" drugs?

Not on your life.  They're just re-using the old ones and giving them different names because it was discovered by accident (while they were on the market) that these drugs supposedly worked for some other malady, which I find kinda hard to believe.  Whatever.

This reminds me of a large, famous candle company who does basically this same thing, just on a smaller scale.  This candle company uses their same 3 or 4 scents that made them famous, they recolor the wax, slap on a different name and return it to the market as a "new" candle.  Hey, it's a lot cheaper than experimenting with all those expensive scented oils until they come up with something people will like.  Why do that when people already like a couple of their scents and will pay $27.99 for a candle?  Just change them up a bit and people will buy them as if they're entirely different.  It's amazing to me what people will fall for and what corporations will do to earn a buck and save a nickle.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-01-02-drug-makeover-when-a-drug-underperforms-big-pharma-renames-it-labels-it-for-another-use-and-jakcs-up-the-price.html

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera