My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2023 12:45 am  #1

The horrors of Pearl Harbor Day

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/courage-selflessness-and-other-lessons-the-ghosts-of-pearl-harbor-could-teach-generation-z

Today's kids don't understand any of this at all.  They don't WANT to understand it.

Also the kids yelling at college campuses about how terrible the Israeli people are right now,  haven't got the first damned clue about what's REALLY going on.  They don't even know what the names of the waters bordering Israel are, some said the Caribbean (!) some said the Atlantic Ocean (!!) some said the Nile River (!!!).  OMG, there were some that were even worse, and yet these kids are protesting something they don't understand or even know ANYTHING about.  It's just scary how totally uneducated these kids are but they're not afraid to go out and speak badly about something they do not understand.

My parents were married on Pearl Harbor day in 1938 and even though Pearl Harbor didn't happen for 3 more years it is still hard to think of one without the other in my family.  My twin brothers were only 9 months old at the time. My mom said she was always worried the war would reach the mainland, and everyone in the small community where my parents lived at that time HATED FDR.  He thought he was so popular but he was truly hated.  Some of his "programs" for jobs, etc., after the war were helpful but people knew what was really in his heart.  He was a horrible person.  He was rich and cruel, just like today's democraps.  Not much has changed in almost 100 years, huh?

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera