My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2023 11:43 pm  #1

Why did McD's get rid of their Big and Tasty Burger?

It was our favorite in the early 2010's, but only lasted in our area for about 2 years and then we've never seen it since.  They were the best tasting burgers mostly because the burger had a LOT of pepper in it and actually had some flavor besides sauces and other saucy toppings.  Just ketsup and mustard, mayo if you wanted it.  Ours were never made with BBQ sauce or I would not have liked it because I'm not a fan of BBQ sauces of any kind.

Well I did a treasure hunt and found out some information.  I'm apparently not the only fan of this big burger because of it's peppery flavor!

https://www.mashed.com/273481/discontinued-restaurant-burgers-that-need-to-make-a-comeback/

And now of all things our local McD's got rid of their cinnamon rolls.  That was on of their best menu items in years.  WHY do fast food joints do this sort of crap?  When they have something that sells well, why don't they keep it on the menu?  I do not like veggie burgers, if I did I'd make them myself, not BUY them.  Hamburger is expensive as hell right now so it's a lot cheaper to go out and buy ready made junk.  But until they come back with a Big and Tasty or their cinnamon rolls, I'm done with McD's, even though we rarely ate there unless the grandbabies were here.

I don't much give a damn what the other fast food places are doing.  I hate Burger King food except their bacon breakfast croissants.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera