My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2023 2:57 am  #1

Country Life: Break-ins at Amish communities

I wouldn't try it, but then there's always someone stupid enough to do it.  Especially right now, when we have NO LEADERSHIP in this country, few police who actually want to do their jobs, and even fewer people who will lift a finger to protect themselves because biden is threatening gun laws.  At least the non-Amish neighbors of this community in the article were paying some attention!  Always helpful to have eyes on your stuff.

Well I pity the poor soul who tries to break into a few of the places around here where I live.  Lots of people have barbed wire fences, some have electric fences surrounding their yards, lots of them have lights that come on if someone breeches their property line and many of even Amish people and youngsters own BB guns or buckshot guns.  If you've ever been hit with a buckshot gun I feel for you.  It's a terrible experience.  I have seen it more than once and I own a buckshot gun myself for protective purposes.  I also have electric fencing around my yard. 

But this is interesting reading if you follow ANYTHING Amish or Mennonite.  My nephew lives about 3 miles from this Amish settlement in the article.

https://amishamerica.com/steal-from-the-amish-think-twice/#maincontent

I have electric wires atop my wire fence that surrounds the yard, I have lights that POP ON when someone breeches my driveway or anywhere near the property, I have a "wired" gate (if they touch it they will get the shock of a lifetime!) and I hope no one EVER tries to breech my front door.  I pity them greatly. 

In fact, I hope the IRS goons come to my front door.  They'll get the surprise of their life if they touch ANYTHING. 

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera