My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2018 1:49 am  #1

Affording household basics

Speaking of life . . .

If I watch a baby for, say, a 50 hour week, I earn $2.40 per hour which = $120 per week.  Without my husband's income, which is limited now that he is semi-retired and took part time work, we could not make it.  By the time I pay my share of the bills plus pay for my medicare "essentials",  I'm still short by about $70 dollars per month on average (it depends on how much natural gas we use because that is not on balanced billing like our electricity bill).  Not to mention that so many of the day care facilities in town are now beginning to take infants when they never used to even think about it.  They knew I was doing it and it would seem they don't even want to share the income disbursement from the 2 babies I watch.  I only keep them for a year, and then they move on to the bigger facilities, but heaven forbid I should take that 1st year away from their already overcrowded, thriving businesses.  Nevertheless, day care in ALL forms is the most thankless of jobs in the entire world.  It doesn't matter how good a job your do or how much you go out of your way to provide for these people, no one offers ME a raise or even a tip once in a while.  No sir.  Just "watch my most precious possession and shut up".

No matter how great the economy is for everyone else, we will both have to work right up until the day we die, simply because we chose to be self-employed and provide humanitarian jobs so that other people can earn money so they can survive - sort of.  It's a neverending cycle unless you inherit a wad of cash or unless you hit the lottery.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/05/more_than_40_of_us_households_cant_afford_household_basics.html

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera