My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2022 1:16 am  #1

Weather: Snow in Ohio this morning

In my part of the country, we'd WELCOME snow - - or moisture - - in any form right now.  Summer isn't even here yet and already things are so dry it's awful.  Last year we had fires beginning in spring, through all of the summer and well into the fall months.  I do NOT want to go through that again.  I didn't think I'd ever get that smokey smell out of my nose. Or my clothes. Or my house. Or my car. 

Some of the fires were local, some of the smoke was coming in all the way from Montana and Wyoming fires.  Yes sir, the Northern Great Plains were on fire last year.  So this year, please Lord, we'd like rain or snow or any kind of moisture.  I'm not crazy about hail but I'd even take that if there was enough of it to create moisture. 

I have the teakettle boiling inside the house every day for humidity and I have the humidifier going in the bedroom at night.  I have Sjogren's Syndrome, which is an autoimmune disease of DRYNESS throughout the body, and believe me, moisture is essential to life.

I c&p'd this piece of an article from an email thing I subscribe to for Amish recipes.  The photo is from somewhere in Ohio TODAY!  There was no link to use so I hope the photo comes through. And Kevin, STOP COMPLAINING & BE GLAD FOR THAT MOISTURE!​​"This picture is snow in our yard this morning. It is April 18. In southern Ohio. It should not snow in southern Ohio on April 18. But, yes, from about 8 a.m. until 11 a.m., it snowed and snowed pretty hard. The ground was almost completely covered at points. If the ground hadn't been so warm, I think we would have ended up with 2 inches of snow. On April 18. No thanks. And I like snow."

Taken from the April 18, 2022 email edition of Amish365 online.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera