My Polka Dot Apron

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2022 4:30 am  #1

Take an English lesson

Even Glenn Greenwald needs to take an English lesson.

He is a grown person AND a journalist, and still he uses the word "of" in all the wrong places.  For instance in the intro to this article:

"As grave of a threat as deliberate war is, unintended escalation from miscommunication and misperception can be as bad. Biden is the perfect vessel for such risks."

As grave OF a threat??  OMG, really?? 

No. 

Leave the word "OF" out of that sentence altogether and you'd have it correct.  GAWD this sort of thing drives me crazy.  It's the same with the word "anywayS".  There is really no such word but people have been using it this way for at least a century. Why can't they just say "anyway"??? 

I don't understand why people have to embellish and THEN use the wrong word!! 

Anyway, here's the article if you'd like to read it.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/bidens-reckless-words-underscore

See that title?  "Reckless words"??!!!  Yeah, I'll say.  In more ways than one.  Heh. 

He's right about one thing - biden is the perfect vessel.  Too bad he's an EMPTY vessel. 

This is the sort of thing that happens in the public school system.  And it's been happening far too often since the mid 1970's.  Teachers don't teach truth, so kids don't LEARN truth.  It's appalling. We have 3 generations of goofballs, numbskulls and dumbbells.

A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Board footera